Tuesday 15 March 2011

Florals? For Spring? How original

I love these images, taken from an old issue of Country Living; to my mind, colour and pattern are what make a room look great. I've been thinking about it, and those are the two things that I am always looking for and commenting on when I go into a room. Great colours, great fabrics; a standout screen or beautiful jug full of flowers. At the moment I am fixated with tall, winding branches of cherry blossom  - I love it. And tulips... cannot get enough of them.
















I really don't want to completely overdo the floral thing - I think that just one feature (like the antique door covered in wallpaper in the second image) is enough to brighten a room and make the more ordinary, even shabby furniture look pretty and fresh.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, how pretty! What lovely, lovely rooms! Especially love the last picture! xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete